top of page
  • What do I need an EUR1 document for when I export my car?
    With a valid EUR1 document you can save on customs duties when importing your car into a different country, as long as the country is party to the free trade agreement. For example, if you drive your car from Switzerland to an EU or EFTA country, or to Albania, North Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, or Bosnia-Herzegovina, you can save on customs duties when importing it into these countries. In the EU, you can save 10% of the value of your car.
  • Under which condition can I order an EUR1 form for my car?
    The car must have been produced in an European Union or EFTA country. Unfortunately, if your car was not produced in an EU or EFTA country, you cannot order an EUR1.
  • Do I only need an EUR1 or also some other documents to export a car?
    You also need an export customs declaration (Edec) for Swiss customs. However, this is already included in your order at You must also be able to prove that your car was produced in an EU country, for this you need proof of origin. A certificate of origin from the manufacturer serves as proof of origin. If you do not have proof of origin, you can obtain this from the vehicle manufacturer in most cases. If you wish, we can help you obtain a certificate of origin (additional costs apply). Depending on the destination country, customs may require a transit document, also known as a T1. If this is the case, you can have this done directly at the border, or we can set it up for you at extra cost. When exporting, Swiss customs may also require an export invoice, a vehicle registration document, a passport, or an ID. We also recommend that you check the requirements in the destination country (country into which you are importing the vehicle) and the transit regulations for your specific case.
  • How much does an EUR1 cost?
    If you make an express order, the price for your EUR1 documents is CHF 180. If you make a standard order the cost is CHF 150.
  • I need my EUR1 immediately, what can I do?
    Make an express order. You will then receive your EUR1 in the mail the next day. If you need it even faster, you can pick up the EUR1 yourself at our office in Basel on the same day.
  • How can I order my EUR1 documents?
    Unfortunately, ordering is not possible at the moment. We apologize for any inconvenience.
  • How can I pay for my EUR1 documents?
    You can pay in cash, by TWINT or by e-banking. Please note that we can only send the documents after receipt of payment.
  • How much customs duties can I save with a EUR1?
    It depends on the value of the car and the regulations in the destination country. In a country member of the European Union, you can save 10% of the total value. Please contact customs in your country of destination for more details.
  • What are the opening hours of customs at the border?
    You can find the opening times for all customs offices here:
  • I need the address of the border crossing, where can I find it?
    You can find the address for all customs offices in Switzerland here:
  • What is a movement certificate?
    A movement certificate is the same as an EUR1.
  • How is the process when I order an EUR1 with you?
    You place an order with us. We will then ask you for information such as vehicle registration document, address in Switzerland, address abroad, etc. We will send you an invoice by e-mail, which you can pay by e-banking, at the post office, in cash or by TWINT. Please note we ask for pre-payment. We will conveniently send you the documents to your home address by Swiss-Post. You sign the EUR1. Sign page 1 on the front and page 2 and 3 on the back. Now you can drive. Stop at Swiss customs (Lane “Export”) and present all documents at the customs office. Customs will check the documents and then, provided all conditions are met, stamp the EUR1 and scan the export customs declaration. When you arrive in the destination country, hand in the stamped EUR1 to customs.
bottom of page